Em-Poxy KY 7400 Self Levelling Type, Epoxy Floor Coating
Emülzer® Em-Poxy KY is a double-component, epoxy-based,non-solvent paint and coating ensuring a smooth and bright surface.
• Automotive industry,
• Beverage industry,
• All types of production, packaging and storage areas,
• Data processing and control centers,
• Parking areas.
• Has a high chemical and mechanical strength.
• Has a high adhesion strength.
• Has a high abrasive strength.
• Easy-to-clean with its poreless and smooth surface.
• It is suitable to sterile conditions and it is hygienic.
Colour : RAL colours
Batch density : 1,6 g/cm 3
Adhesion strength : > 3 N/mm 2
Pot life : 50 minutes at 20°C
Waiting period for another coat : 12-18 hours at 20°C
Complete curing period : 7 days
• Pressure strength of the concrete to be treated must be 25 N/mm2 minimum and tensile strength 1,5 N/mm2 minimum.
• The humidity ratio in the concrete must be lower than 5%.
• The surface to be treated must be clean and dry and free from any other substance such as dirt, grease, old coatings and curing materials.
• Gaps and holes must be completely cleared first and then filled with Em-Poxy A which is prepared in paste form by adding sand.
• To ensure a smooth surface any swelling must be levelled.
• All dust and loose and displaced particles must be removed by using a brush and/or vacuum cleaner.
• During application relative humidity must not exceed 50% when the ambient temperature is +10°C, and 80% when the ambient temperature is +30°C.
• The temperature of the surface to be treated must be between +10°C and +30°C.
• The temperature of the surface to be treated must be 3°Chigher than the dew point.
• Ambient temperature and surface temperature must be increased by using heaters for the applications performedin cold weather conditions and Em-Poxy A containers must be kept under +20°C the previous night.
First stir Component A and Component B separately, and then add Component B (hardener) to Component A and stir the mixture continuously to a homogenous consistency with a 300-400 rpm mixer for 3 minutes minimum. The mixture should be applied to the prepared surface with a merino roller in two coats and the thickness of each coat must be 250 microns. For a thick coating, up to 1:1 sand (0,1- 0,3 mm) may be added into the mixture. In this case, Component A and Component B must be mixed first and then sand must be added slowly. It is applied with a trowel. It is critical to apply the other coats on time. Otherwise decreased adherence may lead to cleavage of the top coat.
Emülzer® Em-Poxy KY may be ready to walk on (under control) after having completed its initial setting period. It takes 7 days at 25°C to become fully resistant to heavy load and chemical effects.
800 g/m 2 in two coats, the thickness of each coat being 250 microns.
A greater amount of material is required for sand applications and rough surfaces.
Component A + Component B = Net 12,5 kg as a set